Friday, January 04, 2013

The12 Investment Commandments for 2012





  1. I will live below my means — spending less than I earn 
  2. I will save money into a rainy-day fund so I’m ready for what life might bring 
  3. I will invest money I don’t need for at least 5-10 years to build my nest egg 
  4. I will regularly add to my investment account 
  5. I will learn more about investing, taking control of my financial future 
  6. I will invest in quality businesses, buying a slice of the company, not just a code on a screen 
  7. I will buy shares in a company with the intention of holding them for the long term 
  8. I will sell when my investment thesis fails, the company is overvalued or I have a better idea 
  9. I will avoid anchoring my decisions to the price I paid for my shares 
  10. I will remember than the market can be moody and over-react 
  11. I will expect volatility, and I won’t let it spook me into selling 
  12. I will let the market offer me prices (be my servant), not dictate my mood or actions (be my master)

No comments: